I sent my group mates message informing them about what requirement will we submit by Friday. I told Aladin and Peter that we should talk about our plans regarding the seven thesis titles that were about to propose to our adviser Mr. Carlmelo Febreo. I set the time that we should meet by 5:00pm Tuesday since Peter got classes until 5. Okey. Time Is Set. Meeting by Tuesday 5:00pm.
I arrived at our meeting place an hour early before the said time since I got my classes just until 4. Peter arrived 5:00pm exactly and Aladin just came after Peter. We were seated at that round table like we were really going to have brainstorming. “GROUPWORK:” This is the first thing that I think is very important in doing a thesis. I was amazed with my two mates. At first, I thought that I won’t get anything from them but I think I underestimated their ability. These 2 people are clever thinkers. Peter for example, got lots of interesting ideas to share, actually he never runs out of ideas. Aladin however is the practical thinker. He thinks of what is appropriate, feasible and some disadvantages of our ideas. I feel like I should be the moderator of the two, because there were moments that I feel that there is some kind of misunderstanding during our talks. I am the assigned leader of the group, but I don’t take it that way. For me we are all leaders that’s why every plans that I should take should be informed with the two. So our conversation went with what are the titles that we should present:
1. Job portal for Municipality of Binmaley
2. Electronic Pass for Gadgets (example laptops) for CDD
3. Patient Information System
4. Attendance Monitoring System and Payroll for LBC Dagupan Branch
We ended up choosing Job Portal for Binmaley as our main thesis Title.
We had a yahoo conference still talking about that job portal. We googled different examples of how job portal works. We take note of what are the features we need to implement in our said system. Somehow I felt that we doubted if we really can do our thesis but we got no choice. Peter came with the idea that we should develop a job portal for our college and the beneficiaries would be the graduating students of our campus. Sounds Interesting but I think it is not that much applicable.
I’m suffering from dysmenorrhoea I opened my facebook account and I had 1 notification. Sir Carl posted the requirement we need to pass by Friday. I read the document.
College of Information and Computing Studies
IT Project/IE Project Proposal Sheet
Date/Time of Proposal Defense:
- What is your study all about? Provide a short overview.
Reasons for Choice:
- Provide a legal/theoretical basis for your study
- Is there a similar study that you want to replicate or localize?
- What section of the MDG does your study fall under?
- Why would your group be the most appropriate group to undertake the research?
- (who) State the people included in your study
- (what) State what your study aims to do/accomplish
- (where) State the locality of your study
- (when) State the duration of your study
- Simply enumerate the groups of people who will be benefitted by your proposal
Proposed Respondents (if applicable):
- State your respondents
- State reason for choosing your respondents
- State how you are going to gather data from your respondents
I started thinking.
Writing or doing a thesis is not really an easy task. This is the moment that we combined and used all of the things that we learned during our past years in college. The most crucial point of a senior college student. Fr others it might be easy, for some it might be not. Our thesis saga is just beginning, this is the only part 1 of it. Whether we like it or not we have to deal with it for 1 year.
I thought of writing an entry for this in series and I entitled it Thesis Saga. I think that documenting this journey in one student’s life is very much interesting!