As I promised yesterday guys, here is an entry of what happened to my thesis defense yesterday…

Friday, we had been at college the whole day waiting for our technical panel to come around. Hope is gone around 1pm coz we totally lose hope of having him signed up our endorsement. Me and my groupmate, Peter made all desperate moves just to contact him, we’ve been asking the Cics faculties of his contact number, the student organization’s office, some of the students who might probably knew him, we even look after him room by room, stand by infront of our college gate and checked facebook, ofcourse. Unluckily, it seemed like fortune is away from us, I understand the confidentiality of not giving personal numbers especially the faculty members and SA office, I am thankful for those students who gave our Tp’s contact number only to find out that it is not working. Okay, going back I was about to break down crying when we saw another chance of reaching our Tp. Thanks to you Ma’am for somehow breaking out the rules as you gave us a hint of where to find our TP.

Exactly 4 in the afternoon, tired and almost pennyless, (check my spelling,pls.) we went right straight at our TP’s house. Thanks to Janine for being with us that time. Thank you also to my TP’s mother-in-law for being so accomodating, to my TP’s wife, and kuya Julius, the tricycle driver who drove and waited us to my Tp’s house. So we are there, we finally met our technical panel, we seated at the table as we discussed about our system and document. He asked us to do some changes and revisions and the best thing is that he signed our endorsement. Thanks to you TP!

6:30 pm. We ended the discussion with our TP. Me and Peter decided to have an overnight at Aladin’s house. 8pm I think we are at Aladin’s place. We individually took part of each tasks, I both focused on helping for the system development and document writing, Peter on the system and Aladin on the document. I just want to highlight the funniest part of that overnight. It was when we begged for all our friends online just for a 2pesos load so we can register for unlimited net connection. Who made it? Aladin did after so many attempts.

Saturday, 7:30 am when we went home. Having no sleep at all, I arrived home, had my breakfast, prepared my formal attire, searched all the things I needed, had bathed and went at college. I think I managed to stole a 5 minute nap at the jeepney.

11 exactly I was at college, only to find out that the defense will only be til 12pm. I heard students complained about what happen, 3 groups out of us 40 had the chance to present, ending up for redefense. We are given a chance to present too but we didnt took the chance coz mentally, we were not prepared.

I end up having a chance to talked with some of my friends and some acquaintances who are taking up thesis too, I heard their woes and complain about being tired, having no sleep at all, how they argued with their parents about why are we still going at college and why do we kept on asking for money. I feel for them.

Lessons Learned

Never lose hope, never give up.

Two heads are better than one.

Be thankful.

I went home feeling sick.